Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lost at Sea


In another world...

You write my name in the sand

tide coming in on my heart.

You know my journey,

the ships that have capsized,

the planks I've been made to walk.

Stranded at sea with treasure seeking pirates

and I'm not even aware...

Figured I didn't need to signal you

that there was no one out there.

I'm drowning

and surrounded by sharks.

Devouring integrity

and lusting after blood.

Your distant voice assures me,

that I can walk on water.

But I'm losing faith.

How can I believe with all the stolen treasure?

They've brought typhoons...

sea creatures...

DOOM

but somehow I could feel you in the light of the moon.

My sails, they ripped to shreds

 I've lost my way

my compass is dead.

 Arriving with maps to a make believe place,

the hooked handed pretender

turns my love into waste

I know you're out there

even if the horizon doesn't reveal

I just hope when I arrive

torn to pieces

that that a mirage

is finally real.

I know you're not perfect

You've never been one to boast

But compared to this odyssey of destruction

 You're my inevitable Gold Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment